Monday, 17 November 2014

The Hiatus is Over, and Two Manboobz Memes For the Price of One!!!!

The Housekeeping:

I'd like to thank all of you  patient souls for sticking around. I'd also like to tell you why I've been gone for so long, and just after the launch of Menticulture: You all probably know by now that K. Hansen and I have a son now. I took the time I did to care for him. My son is the single best thing I've ever done, and I could not, and would not, leave him in that first year (his Bday is happening in a couple of weeks).

Now that he's a year old (almost), I can return to this thing. Now I've got significant skin in the game. Of course, I have 4 beautiful stepdaughters and they are reason enough to destroy feminism and other crazy ideologies, but with girls, one can always teach them to mouth the right words when telling the truth becomes an actual crime. With a boy however, now I have to worry that he'll get the shit beat out of him or worse by overzealous copthugs, thrown in jail for raising his voice to his boyfriend or girlfriend, and everything else that comes with being male in today's Western society, not to mention the stigma of being an atheist. So dismantling religion generally, and gender religion specifically, has become my life's work.

By now, everyone should know that there's no love lost between the MRAs and me, but in the spirit of the 'season', and because this is too delicious not to mention, I leave you with this little vignette from the gender wars:

Some person involved in gamergate decided to tweet this to dev Brianna Wu:



to which Brianna Wu responded by requesting someone create a meme using the "respects is earn" misspelling.

Bravo. I'm something of a stormtrooper about spelling and such when it suits me, though less so nowadays because I just don't care about the niceties much anymore. Substance I find, is more compelling, but whatevs. So, long story short, David Futrelle picked it up and wrote a post about it, inviting his readers to do the same vis-a-vis the meme idea. Which you can read here. But really, the crux of all this background is twofold. I'd first like to point out that Futrelle, in deriding @viscountripper for his lack of spelling prowess, gives us an article about same, with this beautiful little snippet at the end:



So, though like I said, after the accusations of malfeasance and the like levied against me and K. by not an insubstantial MRA mob, for those of you who kept your heads about you, and refused to engage the blatant lies spewed by those people,  I offer you this small token of my appreciation, the David Futrelle meme:





Look David. Can I call you David? I don't really give two shits about your site, or you. The fact is that you're an apologist for a hate group. Also, I don't give two shits about whether you can spell or not, see I've made spelling errors, even in graduate school. The thing is, if you're gonna bitch that MRAs are stupid-because that's the subtext of so many of your posts--because they can't spell, maybe you shouldn't make spelling errors IN THE SAME BLOG POST. (type in the word 'deliberaly' in your browser's search window if you think the above was photoshopped). I'm just saying, some consistency is probably a good thing.

 Oh, for the record:
Dear Ms. Wu: I don't hate you, I wish you a long, happy and fruitful life, quite sincerely. I don't hate women, have NEVER threatened a woman with rape or death or anything else. I'm not a "gamergate" nutjob, or a "gamer". In fact, I'm as disgusted by those clowns as I am with MRAs of a certain kind, and feminists of a certain kind. All religions are pernicious, gender religions no less so than traditional deity-centered religions. I'm just here pointing out how silly and/or stupid people can be when their sacred cows are dinged up a bit.